Sunday 6 May 2012

Red Bull Empire of Dirt.

Welcome to my new blog, it's been a long time coming, but it's finally done, I hope you enjoy my first of many posts to come.

As some of you may already know, I was once a pretty good BMX rider, winning a couple of British Championships back in the 1980s', I raced all over Europe and the rest the world and took part in many European & World Championships. So, it is with great excitement that my first blog entry should be about the Red Bull BMX event I'll be shooting on the 19th & 20th of May, at Alexandra Palace, London.

I have a photographers pass to shoot one of the most exciting BMX events to take place, not only in the UK, but the world, The Red Bull Empire of Dirt. If you've never seen or been to a BMX 'dirt' event, let me tell you' it's pretty awesome to watch. Take a quick look at the video below, for a short taster of what you can expect. This will be the most progressive & seminal BMX event, since it's birth in Southern California in the 1970s'.


Red Bull Empire of Dirt, was first held in 2008 in Newton Abbot, Devon, UK. The event was the brain child of UK rider Kye Forte. Kye developed the event with Red Bull, with the intention of pushing the boundaries of BMX. The track is probably the most challenging and demanding course I've ever seen and will push riders to the absolute limits, the jumps are more reflective of an MX Supercross track, than a BMX course, it's insane!

There's more info, details about the course and riders, as well as ticket sales, at the link below. I hope to see some of you there.

Empire of Dirt 2012

Bookmark and Share
posted by marcusrichphoto @ Sunday, May 06, 2012   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

nclick="window.open(this.href, null, 'height=437, width=680, toolbar=0, location=0, status=1, scrollbars=1, resizable=1'); return false">Photo 2